CHI nets first media buying accounts
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2007 08:30AM
LONDON - CHI & Partners is launching a media venture called CHI & Partners Media.
Tiger Beer has already signed up, with its £3 million media planning and buying business. The agency is also in talks with its Carphone Warehouse client and with Virgin Money about their respective media needs.
Virgin Money spends £6 million on UK media, but if Virgin's deal with Northern Rock goes ahead, Sir Richard Branson has said he will increase media spend to more than £50 million. Carphone Warehouse spends £16 million.
CHI is hiring a buying team for the venture, which is expected to be led by Mike Hellens, the managing director at Media Matters, Carphone Warehouse's media agency.
The business model will be fee- rather than commission-based, which the agency hopes will lead to a more media- neutral offering.
The agency will offer planning and buying, but the latter will be supported by systems and client expertise from WPP media agencies.
CHI was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Creative Director/Digital Creative Lead Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Events and Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + extensive benefit package, Ipswich
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + 20% PS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Advertising Sales Executive Culture Shock Media Salary dependent on experience , plus commission. , SW London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%