The World: Mumbai - MediaCom vies with Starcom for P&G account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2007 12:00AM
Procter & Gamble has invited its roster agencies Starcom and MediaCom to pitch for its media business in India, in a move expected to result in consolidation of the business.
The world's biggest advertiser currently splits its Indian media account between Starcom, which handles planning, and Madison, which has the buying assignment.
An industry source suggested the review had been sparked by agencies competing to offer more attractive rates.
P&G faces stiff challenges in India, not only from rivals such as Unilever, Godrej and Colgate-Palmolive, but also from the changing habits of Indian consumers whose attention is being grabbed by newer brands such as mobile phones and financial services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands