campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2007 12:00AM
There's a collective sigh of relief emanating from Fallon's Beak Street offices; the agency has retained the number-one slot on Campaign's final new-business league table for the close of 2007. Phew!
The agency fought off stiff competition from Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which made a late leap with its recent ITV and LG Electronics wins. BBH's £62.1 million tally was only £2.7 million shy of Fallon's £64.8 million.
Congratulations should also go to Carat (which beat its Aegis stablemate Vizeum by £3.4 million), Rapier and Lbi. Each top their respective disciplines' league table for 2007.
Meanwhile, Mediaedge:cia, Carat and OMD staffers are expected to pig out over the Christmas holidays. They can celebrate the end of the working year after the final Weight Watchers pitches, which are scheduled for 20 December.
Aegis is off the BT pitch, leaving Publicis Groupe's Starcom and Group M's MEC to fight it out.
Wall's huge global pitch for Magnum is next week, with agencies being told to expect a result in the New Year.
And in the world of DM, Tullo Marshall Warren, Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw and Claydon Heeley are on tenterhooks waiting for a First Direct result, expected by the end of this week. It's unclear if the winner(s) will replace the incumbents Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel and Story, or join them on the roster.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, Wellingborough
- Digital & CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Client Manager - Digital & Technical to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Data & Database Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency