Close-Up: 24 hours with ... Richard Alflord, M&C Saatchi
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2007 12:00AM
Name: Richard Alflord
Job: Joint managing director, M&C Saatchi
Professional mission: It's easier to work hard when you're happy
Personal mantra: He who smelt it, dealt it
8.00am Wake to my alarm.
8.30am Consider getting up, decide not to.
9.05am Itching sensation. Scratch myself better.
9.08am Feel very suddenly ill. Call in sick. Moray answers. Feel genuinely sick all of a sudden.
9.15am To Buy or Not To Buy. This is a marvellous programme I regularly enjoy. I forget what it's about, but it involves buying something.
10.00am Escape to the Country. A wonderful show about escaping to the country. I want to escape there too, but I don't like farms. It's very complicated, but aged six, I was attacked by a Bantam Cock.
11.00am Open House. A truly brilliant show about houses being opened. Starting to feel a bit guilty about work. Imagining Moray's puppy eyes. He's just such a nice guy, I'm sure he'll understand.
11.30am Sponge bath. I really can't be doing with full showers in the morning. They take FOREVER.
12 noon Look into fridge. Elect to eat mango chutney on a cracker. It's like toast and jam, but no need to go to Tesco.
12.30pm Call my secretary, Sam. She is running late due to the Tube. I hate it when she tells me about her sexual health problems.
1.00pm Raining. I think I might have SAD, because I'm feeling very sad.
1.40pm Cheer myself up with Doctors. It's hilarious, and reminds me of The Bill. But worse. Oh, so much worse.
2.00-4.00pm Sleep like a fat dog. Dream of running through fields chasing rabbits and Bantam Cocks.
4.00pm Set off to deliver another hard day's slog in office.
4.30pm Arrive at office.
5.00pm See Moray, who looks at me in that "I like you but I hate you" way of his. Shiver.
6.00pm Fresh and Wild. This shop used to be full of healthy food, but now only sells chocolate. Buy some chocolate and a small bunch of grapes. £11.50 - seems reasonable to me.
8.00pm Suddenly feel listless and bored. Why? I've done everything that I wanted to do today, yet it doesn't make me happy. Lesson learned.
9.00pm Bed. Tomorrow I'll go in and do a full day. Vomit with excitement into mug by bed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- eCommerce PM Superstar - Urgent! GoodEgg Digital £450 per day, London or Watford
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity