BMB snatches £16m Thomson from Krow
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 December 2007 11:32AM
Beattie McGuinness Bungay has scooped the £16 million Thomson business from Krow without a pitch.
The appointment follows the merger of German travel group TUI, owner of Thomson, with UK rival First Choice Holidays earlier this year. It led to a new company call TUI travel.
BMB holds the advertising account for First Choice. However, it was widely expected that Krow would be awarded the account, as TUI has the majority shareholding in the new company.
Earlier this month, TUI Travel announced the structure of its merged marketing department after the arrival of marketing and product director Tim Williamson.
Andrew Laurillard, former head of marketing at First Choice, was made head of brand strategy in the combined team. Andrew Rayner, Thomson's head of marketing, left the company shortly afterwards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London