Mediaedge:cia lands $250m Sony biz in Asia
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 December 2007 12:25PM
Sony has picked Mediaedge:cia to handle its $250 million media planning and buying account for the Asian region.
The assignment, which excludes Japan, follows a four-month pitch which also involved OMD and Starcom, the principle incumbent.
MEC will be responsible for handling Sony’s electronics business in mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The appointment complements the global media planning and buying for Sony Ericsson which MEC already handles.
Andrew House, Sony Corporation’s chief marketing officer, cited MEC’s “combination of buying power and regional strategies” as the reason for its choice.
Charles Courtier, MEC’s chairman, said: “We’re confident our tools, strategic insight and unrivalled local network will help Sony maximize their business in this important region.”
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account