Mediaedge:cia lands $250m Sony biz in Asia
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 December 2007 12:25PM
Sony has picked Mediaedge:cia to handle its $250 million media planning and buying account for the Asian region.
The assignment, which excludes Japan, follows a four-month pitch which also involved OMD and Starcom, the principle incumbent.
MEC will be responsible for handling Sony’s electronics business in mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The appointment complements the global media planning and buying for Sony Ericsson which MEC already handles.
Andrew House, Sony Corporation’s chief marketing officer, cited MEC’s “combination of buying power and regional strategies” as the reason for its choice.
Charles Courtier, MEC’s chairman, said: “We’re confident our tools, strategic insight and unrivalled local network will help Sony maximize their business in this important region.”
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Analyst Direct Recruitment £55,000 +, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £65,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £65,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni