Mediaedge:cia lands $250m Sony biz in Asia
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 December 2007 12:25PM
Sony has picked Mediaedge:cia to handle its $250 million media planning and buying account for the Asian region.
The assignment, which excludes Japan, follows a four-month pitch which also involved OMD and Starcom, the principle incumbent.
MEC will be responsible for handling Sony’s electronics business in mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The appointment complements the global media planning and buying for Sony Ericsson which MEC already handles.
Andrew House, Sony Corporation’s chief marketing officer, cited MEC’s “combination of buying power and regional strategies” as the reason for its choice.
Charles Courtier, MEC’s chairman, said: “We’re confident our tools, strategic insight and unrivalled local network will help Sony maximize their business in this important region.”
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester