Kia appoints OMD to handle global media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2008 10:05AM
LONDON - Kia Motors has appointed OMD to handle media planning and buying on its global corporate account.
The appointment, which does not affect separate media buying arrangements in local markets, will see OMD work on global activity across Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
OMD will be responsible for overall media strategy on corporate campaigns, such as its sponsorship of the Euro 2008 football tournament, as well as the buying.
OMD won the account after a pitch against the incumbent Vizeum and ZenithOptimedia. The account will be run out of Germany by a unit called K360 Media, which has been created specifically for Kia.
Nikki Mendonca, the president of OMD in the EMEA region, said: "We look forward to leveraging new opportunities such as Kia's sports marketing where we help to maximise their involvement in Euro 2008."
The move follows the recent appointment of Initiative in the US to handle Kia's local planning and buying alongside the Hyundai brand.
Separately, Kia is holding a creative pitch to find a pan-European agency to develop a campaign for its C'eed hatchback model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency