Gerster replaced at Initiative helm
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 January 2008 04:26PM
NEW YORK -- Alec Gerster, the chief executive of Initiative Media, the Interpublic-owned media network, is leaving the role.
Gerster, who is retiring at the age of 60, will be replaced by Richard Beavan, the chief executive of Initiative North America.
Beavan, a former Starcom Motive director, joined Initiative in 2006 from MediaVest USA, where he was executive vice-president.
Gerster's departure follows a period of change at Interpublic's media operations, which saw Nick Brien, the president of Universal McCann, take on the senior role of delivering closer co-operation between Initiative and Universal.
Beavan said: "I look forward to developing a media, marketing and digital product that wins for our clients in this dynamic communications environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Store Design Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London