Gerster replaced at Initiative helm
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 January 2008 04:26PM
NEW YORK -- Alec Gerster, the chief executive of Initiative Media, the Interpublic-owned media network, is leaving the role.
Gerster, who is retiring at the age of 60, will be replaced by Richard Beavan, the chief executive of Initiative North America.
Beavan, a former Starcom Motive director, joined Initiative in 2006 from MediaVest USA, where he was executive vice-president.
Gerster's departure follows a period of change at Interpublic's media operations, which saw Nick Brien, the president of Universal McCann, take on the senior role of delivering closer co-operation between Initiative and Universal.
Beavan said: "I look forward to developing a media, marketing and digital product that wins for our clients in this dynamic communications environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account