Gerster replaced at Initiative helm
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 January 2008 04:26PM
NEW YORK -- Alec Gerster, the chief executive of Initiative Media, the Interpublic-owned media network, is leaving the role.
Gerster, who is retiring at the age of 60, will be replaced by Richard Beavan, the chief executive of Initiative North America.
Beavan, a former Starcom Motive director, joined Initiative in 2006 from MediaVest USA, where he was executive vice-president.
Gerster's departure follows a period of change at Interpublic's media operations, which saw Nick Brien, the president of Universal McCann, take on the senior role of delivering closer co-operation between Initiative and Universal.
Beavan said: "I look forward to developing a media, marketing and digital product that wins for our clients in this dynamic communications environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior national account manager Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + car, West London
- Channel Sales Manager Just Digital £70000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Exceptional Stock Options, City of London
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity