The World: Amsterdam - Netherlands sees rise in TV adspend to EUR851m
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 February 2008 12:00AM
Spending on TV advertising in the Netherlands grew by 6.8 per cent last year to reach EUR851 million, according to SPOT, the TV marketing organisation representing public and commercial broadcasters.
Car-makers, energy companies and cosmetics producers showed a steep increase in TV spending, while insurance companies, DVD and CD marketers reported sharp drops. SPOT said the rise was the highest since 2000.
Paul van Niekerk, a SPOT director, said: "The increase has been particularly remarkable because it had been predicted a few years ago that the peak years would be over for TV advertising as a result of the growing importance of the internet and delayed viewing through digital video recorders skipping advertising. That has not happened."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London