Mediacom wins £10.5m pan-Euro sat nav account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 February 2008 10:25AM
LONDON - MiTAC, the information technology group behind sat nav brands Navman and Mio, has consolidated its pan-European media planning and buying account into WPP’s Mediacom.
Mediacom won the £10.5 million pan-European media account for Mitac's Mio brand after a four-way pitch against PHD, Universal McCann and incumbent ZenithOptimedia.
The agency already handles media for the Navman brand in the UK.
Colin Holloway, the marketing communications director at Mio/Navman, said: "The strength of the team as well as clarity and power of the strategy was a clear differentiator in deciding on Mediacom as our agency partner moving forward."
Gavin Duke, a managing partner in Mediacom UK's international unit, which will lead the account, said: "GPS devices and services are about to explode across Europe and we are delighted to have expanded our cooperation with a leading brand in this field."
In November, Navman launched an extensive media campaign to promote its new range of S-Series sat nav devices, including its first ever television campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Social Media Manager Pitch Consultants £33000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon