The Week: DM reviews - Adam & Eve scoops £10m Lloyds TSB Olympic Games brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 March 2008 12:00AM
Adam & Eve, the Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R breakaway, has been hired by Lloyds TSB to handle a £10 million brief to promote the company's £80 million sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The appointment is not thought to affect the bank's relationship with RKCR/Y&R, the incumbent on the main £40 million advertising business.
WPP, the owner of RKCR/Y&R, is understood to be considering what, if any, action that it could take against the start-up on the grounds that the deal contravenes the agency's non-compete clause.
Both WPP and Adam & Eve refused to comment.
Lloyds TSB secured the first Tier One sponsorship, along with its sister brand Scottish Widows, in 2006.
The bank recently unveiled Jonathan Edwards, the triple-jump Olympic gold medallist, and Ade Adepitan, the Paralympic basketball player, as its official ambassadors for the Games.
Scottish Widows has already launched Olympic-themed TV ads, and is this year extending its above-the-line budget by 50 per cent in order to capitalise on its association with the 2012 Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London