Editorial: Brands will struggle to relive past glories
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 March 2008 12:00AM
So, the Honey Monster is back, this time being deployed by Bray Leino.
He was a very successful international icon for Sugar Puffs for many years, but that was when sugary foods were allowed to appeal to children. Strip out his kid appeal and you've got an uncomfortable attempt at making him relevant to adults. We've got a renewed Flake girl, "work, rest, play" from Mars, and now this. Bringing back previously successful advertising ideas is rarely the best strategy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London