Paramount Comedy hunts ad agency
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 March 2008 12:00AM
Paramount Comedy, the digital satellite channel, has kicked off a search for an advertising agency.
The US comedy station has approached a number of shops through the AAR. It is looking for an agency to develop its brand identity and promote its schedule of programming in 2008.
The winning agency will create advertising for shows from Paramount 1 and Paramount 2, its two UK channels that specialise in successful US imports such as Scrubs, Frasier and Seinfeld. The campaigns are expected to run across media including TV, print, outdoor and online.
Chemistry meetings are scheduled to take place next week, after which agencies will be shortlisted. A final decision is due by mid-April.
Paramount Comedy's latest advertising push, which launched at the end of last month, was a teaser campaign to promote the forthcoming fifth season of US sitcom Two and a Half Men.
The campaign, developed by Brothers and Sisters, included television and print ads and a microsite. These used a fictional character called Big Bill McGill.
The channel's last formal relationship with an ad agency was with Farm, which won the business from TBWA in 2001.
The agency developed a number of television campaigns including a controversial 30-second spot in 2001 that ridiculed the "good day to bury bad news" strategy adopted by Stephen Byers' aide, Jo Moore. She became infamous when she made remarks to this effect in the wake of the 11 September attacks in the US. The endline of the ad directed viewers to learn the real art of spin by watching the Paramount show Spin City.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity