The Week: Media News - BBC snatches F1 rights
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 March 2008 12:00AM
The BBC has landed the exclusive rights to broadcast Formula One, putting an end to ITV's 12-year relationship with the sporting event.
The deal, which will run from 2009 to 2013, includes the rights to all TV, radio, broadband, online and mobile coverage of the races. When the BBC coverage kicks off next year, it will be the first time the broadcaster has screened full race coverage since 1996, although BBC Radio 5 Live has provided radio commentary for all F1 races.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London