Twinings ends Lowe relationship in account review
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 March 2008 03:45PM
Twinings has put its £3 million above-the-line account up for review, ending its two and a half year relationship with Lowe London.
The agency, which picked up the business in September 2005, will not be re-pitching.
Associated British Foods, the brand's parent company, awarded Lowe the business, which also includes Ovaltine and Options, following a final shoot-out against Mustoes. Fallon and Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan were also involved at an earlier stage.
Lowe made a number of ads for the brand all starring Stephen Fry, a campaign created by the former incumbent, Leagas Delaney.
Last week, an ad by Lowe for Twinings, starring Fry, was cleared by the ASA of accusations of racism.
A spokeswoman for Lowe said that the agency had been asked to pitch for the account, but declined.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films