RSPCA complains over VW singing dog ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 April 2008 10:05AM
LONDON - The RSPCA is writing to VW to complain about its latest ‘singing dog' ad.
The animal welfare charity believes that the ad is ‘distasteful’ and says the dog shows signs of fear.
It also criticised safety aspects of the ad, which shows a dog travelling in the front seat, singing along to a soul track.
A spokeswoman for the RSPCA said: “The dog in the car does not appear to be wearing a proper dog harness, plus it is in the front of the car – we recommend that dogs travel in the back vehicles so they can’t distract the driver.”
A spokesman for VW said that no animals were harmed in the making of the ad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- Research Manager - Sky Community Panel Sky Benefits, West London
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Sheffield