Burnett poised for global Miller brief
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2008 07:00AM
Miller Genuine Draft has parted company with Mother and the £35 million global advertising account has moved straight into Leo Burnett and Arc without a pitch.
Miller is understood to have asked Mother to submit ideas for a new global campaign earlier this year, but later asked Leo Burnett to put forward its own work.
Leo Burnett already had a connection with Miller through Arc, which handles Miller Genuine Draft's direct marketing business, which it won in November last year.
Arc was hired by the parent company SABMiller to work with Mother and handle the international roll-out of the planned new global campaign. Leo Burnett and Arc will now handle conception and roll-out for the campaign.
Andy Routley, the international brand director at SABMiller, said: "I'd like to thank Mother for its contribution to our business."
Mother won the business in February 2005 after pitching against VCCP and The Hive, the Toronto-based incumbent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push