OMG sports division hires Pinnington
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 May 2008 12:00AM
Omnicom Media Group has launched a sports marketing division and hired David Pinnington, the former head of global media and sponsorship integration at Vodafone, to lead it.
Pinnington will become the director of sports marketing for OMG EMEA, responsible for OMD Fuse, OMD's sports and entertainment specialist unit, and PHD Drum's sports marketing division. He will aim to drive new-business revenues for the group.
Sports marketing is OMG's largest non-traditional medium in terms of centralised client deals, comprising 7 per cent of its global media spend.
Pinnington spent six years at Vodafone, where he played a central role in the creation and deployment of the company's global media and sponsorship strategies, including brokering international sponsorship agreements with the Champions League, Manchester United, Ferrari, McLaren Mercedes, the English Cricket Board and David Beckham.
Philippa Brown, the chief executive of OMG, said: "I am delighted that David is joining OMG UK to head up the sports marketing area. David is an extremely experienced operator and will provide a valuable service to our clients already investing in sports marketing and sponsorship activities."
Andrew Lord, the international director at Fuse, said: "Premium sports sponsorships are now regarded as communications platforms in their own right. OMG will now become a centre of excellence, providing a further boost to the credentials of Fuse and Drum in the branded entertainment arena."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London