Sprite kicks off Euro pitch
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 May 2008 07:00AM
LONDON - Coca-Cola has called a pan-European pitch for Sprite, ahead of a global relaunch of the lemon-and-lime brand.
Kamarama, M&C Saatchi Berlin and O&M Frankfurt have been shortlisted to pitch for the business.
Lowe London is the incumbent on the account in the UK, although the business has been largely
dormant recently. The pitch is being run out of Coca-Cola’s Brussels office.
The winning agency will produce campaigns ahead of a global rebrand that are expected to run in Coca-Cola’s European markets including the UK, France and Spain.
The search comes as Coca-Cola plans to reinvest heavily in relaunching Sprite following a period of decline.
In the year to September 2007, its UK market share of the lemon-and-lime carbonates category fell by 5.9 per cent to 58.5 per cent, after Coca-Cola cut adspend for the brand.
Its closest rival, the Pepsi-owned 7UP, grew its share by 5.5 per cent to 37.1 per cent over the same period.
In May, it relaunched its sugar-free brand 7UP Free and has further launches in the pipeline.
Coca-Cola has unveiled Sprite Yard, a social networking site in the US and China.
A spokeswoman for Coca- Cola Europe confirmed the pitch was in progress.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London