Agencies line up for £12m DoH account
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 May 2008 08:30AM
LONDON - The Department of Health has called a £12 million advertising and media pitch to raise awareness of the risks and dangers of strokes.
The pitch, which is being managed by COI, will see Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners and Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy battle it out for the creative account, while Manning Gottlieb OMD and Mediaedge:cia have been shortlisted for media planning.
A decision is scheduled for this summer. The DoH is also expected to appoint digital and PR agencies later in the year.
The winning agencies will create a three-year campaign to raise awareness of strokes, which the DoH cites as the third-biggest cause of death in the UK after cancer and heart disease.
The campaign will advise the public on the symptoms of strokes and encourage calls to the emergency services.
The campaign is part of a government strategy to raise awareness and modernise treatments for serious diseases. Launched last December, the strategy aims to reduce the death rate from strokes and coronary heart disease by at least 40 per cent by 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account