Shearer quits Nitro to open Arnold UK
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2008 12:00AM
Arnold, the Havas-owned US agency, is opening a London shop, headed by Paul Shearer, the global executive creative director at Nitro, and Johan Fourie, its managing director.
Arnold's UK offering, Arnold London, will launch with Volvo as a founding client. The global Volvo account is shared between Arnold US and Nitro, which says it will continue to handle the UK business.
Shearer, who is still contractually tied into Nitro as a shareholder, will continue to work on Nike for Nitro in a freelance capacity until his non-compete clause runs out.
The new agency is also understood to be close to appointing two further founding partners, a planning director and a new-business director.
Shearer and Fourie's departure follows that of Bruce Crouch, the former managing director of Nitro, who left in 2006 and recently launched the start-up Audacity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition