Shearer quits Nitro to open Arnold UK
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2008 12:00AM
Arnold, the Havas-owned US agency, is opening a London shop, headed by Paul Shearer, the global executive creative director at Nitro, and Johan Fourie, its managing director.
Arnold's UK offering, Arnold London, will launch with Volvo as a founding client. The global Volvo account is shared between Arnold US and Nitro, which says it will continue to handle the UK business.
Shearer, who is still contractually tied into Nitro as a shareholder, will continue to work on Nike for Nitro in a freelance capacity until his non-compete clause runs out.
The new agency is also understood to be close to appointing two further founding partners, a planning director and a new-business director.
Shearer and Fourie's departure follows that of Bruce Crouch, the former managing director of Nitro, who left in 2006 and recently launched the start-up Audacity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/SAM - Corporate to £45k Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Market Researcher Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East
- Communications Executive Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency