Shearer quits Nitro to open Arnold UK
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2008 12:00AM
Arnold, the Havas-owned US agency, is opening a London shop, headed by Paul Shearer, the global executive creative director at Nitro, and Johan Fourie, its managing director.
Arnold's UK offering, Arnold London, will launch with Volvo as a founding client. The global Volvo account is shared between Arnold US and Nitro, which says it will continue to handle the UK business.
Shearer, who is still contractually tied into Nitro as a shareholder, will continue to work on Nike for Nitro in a freelance capacity until his non-compete clause runs out.
The new agency is also understood to be close to appointing two further founding partners, a planning director and a new-business director.
Shearer and Fourie's departure follows that of Bruce Crouch, the former managing director of Nitro, who left in 2006 and recently launched the start-up Audacity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office