McCann Paris wins Allergan Euro brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2008 12:00AM
Allergan Corporation, the US pharmaceutical company, has appointed McCann Erickson Paris and Universal McCann to handle a major launch in the UK and France.
The company, best known in the UK for its range of eyecare products, is also the creator of Botox and a range of breast implants. It has appointed the agencies to launch cosmetic products in the two European markets. They will handle creative and media for a multi-million-pound campaign set to break in the second half of this year.
The agencies won the business after a pitch against Grey and MediaCom. While creative will be handled out of Paris, media will be co-ordinated out of Universal McCann's London office.
Allergan last reviewed its European advertising ten years ago when Grey and Saatchi & Saatchi pitched for a brief that included the relaunch of its Complete contact lens solution. Grey won the business, but the account has since fallen dormant.
Russell Place, the chief strategy officer at Universal McCann, said: "We look forward to developing a successful long-term relationship."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign