The Week: City news - UBM and Informa in talks
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 June 2008 12:00AM
United Business Media and Informa are in early-stage talks over a £3 billion all-share merger.
After the two FTSE 250 companies confirmed the talks to the Stock Exchange on Monday, UBM shares jumped up 4.5 per cent and Informa shares were up 15 per cent on the previous week. The merger would bring together UBM titles, including Property Week, Music Week and Farmer's Guardian, with Informa's Lloyd's List and its academic titles, as well as the companies' exhibitions, events and data businesses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- Mid-Senior Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Egham
- Senior Digital Analyst Direct Recruitment £55,000 +, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £65,000 + Bens, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office