Sumantra Dutta returns to STAR
By Campaign India team, Campaign India, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 12:30PM
MUMBAI - STAR India has announced the appointment of Sumantra Dutta as country head, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan.
In this newly created position, he would be responsible for STAR's business in these three markets and would be based out of Dubai.
He will be reporting to Laureen Ong, COO, STAR and will officially take up his new post on July 1.
Dutta has extensive media, entertainment and advertising sales experience. He returns to STAR from News Outdoor India, where he served as the company's managing director. Prior to that, he served as CEO of STAR India's radio joint venture, Radio City.
Prior to his radio stint, he led STAR India's advertising sales and marketing teams as executive vice president, ad sales and marketing and played an instrumental role in the successful launch of the all new Hindi STAR Plus in 2000 and its flagship program, Kaun Banega Crorepati (the Indian version of the hit show Who Wants To Be a Millionaire).
For this and other Campaign India stories visit the Campaign India site.
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push