Sumantra Dutta returns to STAR
By Campaign India team, Campaign India, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 12:30PM
MUMBAI - STAR India has announced the appointment of Sumantra Dutta as country head, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan.
In this newly created position, he would be responsible for STAR's business in these three markets and would be based out of Dubai.
He will be reporting to Laureen Ong, COO, STAR and will officially take up his new post on July 1.
Dutta has extensive media, entertainment and advertising sales experience. He returns to STAR from News Outdoor India, where he served as the company's managing director. Prior to that, he served as CEO of STAR India's radio joint venture, Radio City.
Prior to his radio stint, he led STAR India's advertising sales and marketing teams as executive vice president, ad sales and marketing and played an instrumental role in the successful launch of the all new Hindi STAR Plus in 2000 and its flagship program, Kaun Banega Crorepati (the Indian version of the hit show Who Wants To Be a Millionaire).
For this and other Campaign India stories visit the Campaign India site.
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London