India Today Group launches automotive title Autobild
By Gunjan Prasad, Campaign India, Thursday, 03 July 2008 03:55PM
NEW DELHI - The India Today Group has launched the Indian edition of the international auto magazine, Autobild, as a joint venture with Axel Springer, the Europe-based publisher of the title.
Autobild will be the first fortnightly in the current automobile magazine space in India and may soon become a weekly, revealed Ashish Bagga, Group CEO, India Today Group.
"The automobile sector in India today is growing at an exponential rate. With so much happening in the space, there is a clear need for a compact, full-of-news magazine that can sustain reader's interest and give relevant information about buying and maintaining a car," he said.
Priced at Rs 40, Autobild India is designed to appeal to readers of all age groups, especially modern car owners as well as future car owners. Though Indian in its treatment, the magazine will follow the stringent 600-point testing system, unique to Autobild, against tough benchmarks for every car that will be featured in it.
The content will be primarily designed around: news and scoops; car previews; road tests; buying advice and motorsports and motor shows.
Edited by Yogendra Pratap, along with some renowned names in the industry such as Vikrant Singh, road test editor, and Suresh Narayanan, chief photographer, Autobild India comes with an ad rate slightly higher than the current industry standards, "owing to its superior quality and lineage," said Bagga.
The 100-page inaugural issue has advertisers such as Audi, General Motors and JK Tyres.
For more advertising and media news from India, log on to the Campaign India website.
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire