Jagdip Bakshi appointed to global role on Unilever biz
By Bindu Nair Maitra, Campaign India, Tuesday, 15 July 2008 12:00PM
MUMBAI - Jagdip Bakshi, chief executive of Contract Advertising, has been selected from within the WPP system to the role of global business director on the Unilever business at JWT.
Bakshi will be based out of London and the appointment comes into effect from September 2008.
At the same time, Ravi Deshpande, national creative director, Contract Advertising has been elevated to the post of chairman and chief creative officer.
The person expected to partner Deshpande and take up Bakshi's responsibility at Contract has not been decided yet and a decision will be made soon. Michael Maedel, president, JWT is in the country at the moment to decide on Bakshi's successor.
Bakshi has worked on the Unilever business before, out of London in 2000, working on the Lipton and Lux business. His responsibilities will include client relationship management as well as ensuring advertising solutions in line with all product categories.
For more on this story see Campaign India.
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Junior Packaging Designer - Global Design + Innovation Agency Gabriele Skelton £19000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager -TV and Entertainment - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Web Trading & Optimisation Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Employer Brand Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London