Miles Young replaces Shelly Lazarus as Ogilvy chief
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 July 2008 08:45AM
LONDON - WPP has appointed Miles Young, the chairman of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide Asia Pacific, as global CEO of The Ogilvy Group, replacing Shelly Lazarus.
Lazarus, who has led the network for 11 years, will become the group's chairman. Both appointments become effective on January 1 2009.
For the past 13 years, Young has run Ogilvy in Asia Pacific. Before that, he worked in Europe for 12 years, as head of Ogilvy's direct operation and later as chairman of the group.
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, said, "Shelly has done a fantastic job as brand guardian of Ogilvy, building a first-class client roster and has taken Ogilvy from a strong position, both geographically and functionally, to a superb position.
"She'll be an extremely difficult act to follow. Miles brings to the role of CEO a deep understanding, not only of European and Asian markets, but also of the role that new technologies - and integrated thinking - bring to our business."
Lazarus added: "I love Miles Young. I have worked in partnership with him for years. He has a simple mandate... to do for Ogilvy Worldwide what he has managed to do so brilliantly for Ogilvy Asia. "
For the full story, see tomorrow's Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Brand Marketing, Youth Travel (7 mth FTC) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Kingston upon Thames
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London