Agencies line up for Coke digital roster
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2008 12:00AM
Coca-Cola is talking to agencies about its digital advertising arrangements with a view to expanding its UK roster.
The soft-drinks giant has scheduled meetings with existing roster agencies, and has also asked a number of non-roster digital shops to provide credentials.
The process is understood to be procurement-driven.
The review is being led by Joanna Hyder, the head of digital marketing at Coca-Cola, who recently returned from maternity leave.
Although a decision has yet to be made as to the extent of the roster expansion, it is understood that any new agencies that are appointed will be assigned briefs across Coca- Cola's 16-strong portfolio of UK brands, which includes Coca-Cola, Sprite and Oasis.
The company's existing UK digital agencies include glue London, AKQA and Grand Union, as well as the digital start-up Work Club, which was appointed in September last year to develop a pan-European digital strategy for Coca-Cola's sponsorship of this summer's Euro 2008 football tournament.
The process coincides with a review of the global advertising account for Diet Coke, which is currently handled by VCCP in the UK and Publicis Mojo New Zealand globally.
Coca-Cola is also considering reviewing the global ad arrangements for its other Coke brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Shopper Marketing - Dusseldorf £45k Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £45k, Dusseldorf
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency