The Week: ITV commits programming to £200m anti-obesity drive
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2008 12:00AM
ITV is planning to run a series of programmes, including a Children in Need-style fundraiser, to promote healthy lifestyles, as part of the Government and industry's £200 million anti-obesity offensive in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
Rupert Howell, the managing director, ITV brand and commercial, said programmes would include a series screened in the new year, aimed at people who want to lose weight. If successful, the initiative could run as an annual event beyond 2012.
The Advertising Association announced the £200 million four-year initiative last week, in association with the Government, the industry and major food and drinks companies.
The planned campaign, which has the working title "Get fit for 2012", aims to convince the Government that no further restrictions on the advertising of unhealthy foods are necessary by demonstrating advertising's power to convince people to take positive action and help them to lose weight.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Director - International Health, Fitness and Racquets Operator Portfolio Sport £80,000 - £90,000 basic + bonus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- European Category Development Manager Brand Recruitment Salary dependent of experience + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager - ATL / Integrated - c£32k - Iconic Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sales Executive Sporting Appointments £19000 - £30000 per annum + commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account