The Week: MediaCom wins £30m E.ON planning and buying account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 August 2008 12:00AM
E.ON, the home energy group formerly known as Powergen, has awarded its £30 million media planning and buying account to WPP's MediaCom.
This includes E.ON's online media planning and buying account, formerly handled by Zed Media.
MediaCom pitched against Initiative, the incumbent, on E.ON's offline media planning and buying account, along with PHD and Starcom.
MediaCom already handles E.ON's media business in Germany.
Last month, E.ON hired MVi, the digital division of MediaVest Manchester, to handle its search marketing account.
Jeremy Davies, formerly the Abbey brand and communications director, was appointed the top marketer at E.ON in June. He succeeded Gary Pepler, who held the role on an interim basis since Helen Merrick left earlier this year.
E.ON, a German company, dropped the Powergen brand last year in favour of its corporate name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey