The Week: MediaCom wins £30m E.ON planning and buying account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 August 2008 12:00AM
E.ON, the home energy group formerly known as Powergen, has awarded its £30 million media planning and buying account to WPP's MediaCom.
This includes E.ON's online media planning and buying account, formerly handled by Zed Media.
MediaCom pitched against Initiative, the incumbent, on E.ON's offline media planning and buying account, along with PHD and Starcom.
MediaCom already handles E.ON's media business in Germany.
Last month, E.ON hired MVi, the digital division of MediaVest Manchester, to handle its search marketing account.
Jeremy Davies, formerly the Abbey brand and communications director, was appointed the top marketer at E.ON in June. He succeeded Gary Pepler, who held the role on an interim basis since Helen Merrick left earlier this year.
E.ON, a German company, dropped the Powergen brand last year in favour of its corporate name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign