The World: Copenhagen - Nyhedsavisen is saved by US investment group
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 August 2008 12:00AM
The future of the troubled Danish freesheet Nyhedsavisen has been secured by new US investment after it reported a huge loss for 2007.
The Skype founder Mortun Lund bought a 51 per cent stake in the paper from Iceland's Dagsbrun at the beginning of the year.
Now further investment from the venture capitalist Fisher Jurvetson is expected to bring it out of the red.
Nyhedsavisen posted a loss of EUR84.7 million for 2007 and Dagsbrun is said to be in a financial crisis as a result. Its annual report has not been approved by the company's auditor.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Publisher Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- SEO Account Manager Premier Media £30,000 - £35,000, London
- Account Manager Livity Up to £30,000 depending on experience, South London
- Digital Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum + salary depending on experience , London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign