Clas Ohlson hunts shop for UK launch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 August 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Clas Ohlson, the Swedish retailer, is on the hunt for a UK advertising agency and has approached a number of undisclosed shops to pitch for the business.
The store chain, which sells homeware, leisure, electrical and multimedia products, is planning to launch in the UK before the end of the year.
The successful agency will take on responsibility for all above-the-line advertising.
Peter Jelkeby, the director of operations at Clas Ohlson, is overseeing the tender.
He recently joined the company from Ikea, where he was the UK marketing manager.
The retailer has 88 stores across Sweden, Norway and Finland, and sales rose 9 per cent year on year in July to €440m.
It plans to launch its first UK store, at the Whitgift Centre in Croydon, South London, before expanding across the UK next year.
The winning agency will produce the retailer’s first UK ad campaigns.
In the past, it has run campaigns in Sweden, the most recent of which featured products such as power drills and hammers toppling over in a dominos-like chain.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London
- Brand/Innovation Marketers Needed Ball & Hoolahan Competitive Salary package, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £54,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account