Reliance Communications kicks off BIG TV
By Campaign India Team, Campaign India, Friday, 22 August 2008 11:30AM
MUMBAI - Reliance Communications has launched its DTH (direct-to-home) service, Reliance BIG TV. It will offer over 200 channels and will be available in over one lakh outlets across 6,500 towns.
BIG TV DTH service has set up a call centre which is capable of handling over 50,000 calls daily, in 11 Indian languages including English, across two locations. The team is capable of installing over 15,000 daily connections, according to an official press release.
"The huge potential of a quality and value offering in the home entertainment service market offers us a unique opportunity to tap the strengths and synergies of telecommunications and entertainment sectors embedded within Reliance ADA Group. With the launch of BIG TV DTH, we aim to offer a unique viewing experience in millions of Indian homes, further accelerate the growth momentum and enhance value for many million shareholders of Reliance Communications", said Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, chairman, Reliance ADA Group.
For more on this story visit the Campaign India site.
This article was first published on Campaign India
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Financial Services (6 weeks +) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Vertical Strategic Account Manager Yahoo! Competitive, Greater London
- Country Commercial Director Yahoo! Competitive, Greater London
- Senior Director, Strategic Accounts Yahoo! Competitive, Greater London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity