Karmarama nets Ohlson's UK debut
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 August 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Karmarama has won the advertising account for the Swedish homewares brand, Clas Ohlson, ahead of its UK launch.
The agency secured the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, handled by Ulrika Göransson, Clas Ohlson's director of marketing, and its director of operations, Peter Jelkeby.
The win reunites Karmarama with Jelkeby, the former UK marketing manager at Ikea, who moved to Clas Ohslon in March. The agency worked with Jelkeby on the Ikea account, which it lost in May 2005.
Karmarama will take responsibility for all the advertising, sales promotion and consumer PR for Clas Ohlson, which sells a range of homeware, leisure, electrical and multimedia products.
Its first task will be to produce a campaign promoting the launch of the brand's first UK store, opening in Croydon at the end of the year.
Clas Ohlson already runs 90 stores in Scandinavia and plans to open three more UK stores next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account