Karmarama nets Ohlson's UK debut
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 August 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Karmarama has won the advertising account for the Swedish homewares brand, Clas Ohlson, ahead of its UK launch.
The agency secured the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, handled by Ulrika Göransson, Clas Ohlson's director of marketing, and its director of operations, Peter Jelkeby.
The win reunites Karmarama with Jelkeby, the former UK marketing manager at Ikea, who moved to Clas Ohslon in March. The agency worked with Jelkeby on the Ikea account, which it lost in May 2005.
Karmarama will take responsibility for all the advertising, sales promotion and consumer PR for Clas Ohlson, which sells a range of homeware, leisure, electrical and multimedia products.
Its first task will be to produce a campaign promoting the launch of the brand's first UK store, opening in Croydon at the end of the year.
Clas Ohlson already runs 90 stores in Scandinavia and plans to open three more UK stores next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%