Karmarama nets Ohlson's UK debut
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 August 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Karmarama has won the advertising account for the Swedish homewares brand, Clas Ohlson, ahead of its UK launch.
The agency secured the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, handled by Ulrika Göransson, Clas Ohlson's director of marketing, and its director of operations, Peter Jelkeby.
The win reunites Karmarama with Jelkeby, the former UK marketing manager at Ikea, who moved to Clas Ohslon in March. The agency worked with Jelkeby on the Ikea account, which it lost in May 2005.
Karmarama will take responsibility for all the advertising, sales promotion and consumer PR for Clas Ohlson, which sells a range of homeware, leisure, electrical and multimedia products.
Its first task will be to produce a campaign promoting the launch of the brand's first UK store, opening in Croydon at the end of the year.
Clas Ohlson already runs 90 stores in Scandinavia and plans to open three more UK stores next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London
- Account Manager - Integrated (3 months) Stopgap £150 - £170 per day, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Junior Web Developer, Awesome Media Agency based in Essex. Digital Gurus £17000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, London