Karmarama nets Ohlson's UK debut
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 August 2008 12:00AM
Karmarama has won the advertising account for the Swedish homewares brand, Clas Ohlson, ahead of its UK launch.
The agency secured the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, handled by Ulrika Goransson, Clas Ohlson's director of marketing, and its director of operations, Peter Jelkeby.
The win reunites Karmarama with Jelkeby, the former UK marketing manager at Ikea, who moved to Clas Ohslon in March. The agency worked with Jelkeby on the Ikea account, which it lost in May 2005.
Karmarama will take responsibility for all the advertising, sales promotion and consumer PR for Clas Ohlson, which sells a range of homeware, leisure, electrical and multimedia products.
Its first task will be to produce a campaign promoting the launch of the brand's first UK store, opening in Croydon at the end of the year. Clas Ohlson already runs 90 stores in Scandinavia and plans to open three more UK stores next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push