Vizeum nets Kerry Foods
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 September 2008 12:00AM
Food company consolidates £13m UK and Ireland media into Vizeum after pitch.
Kerry Foods has consolidated its £13 million media planning and buying account for the UK and Ireland into Vizeum.
The agency was appointed after a pitch, held through the AAR, against Universal McCann and Starcom MediaVest Group, the other incumbents on the business.
Kerry Foods called the pitch in May in an attempt to consolidate the business into one agency. The UK business was previously split between Universal and Vizeum, with Universal handling brands including Mattessons, Wall's and Richmond sausages and Vizeum working on the Cheestrings account. Starcom previously handled the business in Ireland.
Vizeum is also now expected to work on planning and buying in other European markets where product launches call for media activity.
The media agency appointment comes as Kerry Foods embarks on a repositioning of the Wall's sausages brand, which will include dropping its iconic talking dog character from its advertising. The new work is by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
In May, Kerry Foods added Fallon to its creative roster when the agency won the £5 million Cheestrings creative account.
Kerry Foods is the consumer foods division of Kerry Group, which is based in Ireland and listed on the Dublin and London stock markets.
Its consumer brands are available in the UK and Ireland, but a key part of Kerry's strategy is to develop this business across Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account