Vizeum nets Kerry Foods
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 September 2008 12:00AM
Food company consolidates £13m UK and Ireland media into Vizeum after pitch.
Kerry Foods has consolidated its £13 million media planning and buying account for the UK and Ireland into Vizeum.
The agency was appointed after a pitch, held through the AAR, against Universal McCann and Starcom MediaVest Group, the other incumbents on the business.
Kerry Foods called the pitch in May in an attempt to consolidate the business into one agency. The UK business was previously split between Universal and Vizeum, with Universal handling brands including Mattessons, Wall's and Richmond sausages and Vizeum working on the Cheestrings account. Starcom previously handled the business in Ireland.
Vizeum is also now expected to work on planning and buying in other European markets where product launches call for media activity.
The media agency appointment comes as Kerry Foods embarks on a repositioning of the Wall's sausages brand, which will include dropping its iconic talking dog character from its advertising. The new work is by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
In May, Kerry Foods added Fallon to its creative roster when the agency won the £5 million Cheestrings creative account.
Kerry Foods is the consumer foods division of Kerry Group, which is based in Ireland and listed on the Dublin and London stock markets.
Its consumer brands are available in the UK and Ireland, but a key part of Kerry's strategy is to develop this business across Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- PR Account Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Milton Keynes
- Research Director - Consumer Goods PSD Group c. £70K + package, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency