Amadeo lands Grey role
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 September 2008 12:00AM
Andy Amadeo takes over from Butler and Smith as the creative director at Grey.
Grey London has hired Andy Amadeo as its new creative director, replacing Simon Butler and Geoff Smith, who have both left the agency without jobs to go to.
Amadeo, a former creative director at Dare, will report to Jon Williams, the agency's chief creative officer, and will be responsible for the agency's advertising and digital creative output across all of its clients.
Smith and Butler were with Grey London for two years. They joined from Lowe London in January 2006 and have worked on accounts including Beechams and Parkinson's disease, and they produced the latest Aardman-animated TV spot for Nytol.
The changes follow the appointment of Williams as the chief creative officer at the start of this year. He is understood to have wanted a second-in-command from a less traditional background.
Declining to comment on the departures of Butler and Smith, Williams said: "Andy's a world-class creative lead, firmly focused on the future of the communications business, not the past.
"He brings with him a more collaborative global view of the creative process. The great thing for me is that our heads are both in the same rather unconventional place and the different routes we have taken to get there will compliment each other perfectly."
Amadeo joined Dare as the co-head of the agency's creative department late last year, before leaving in March without a job to go to. Previously, he was the executive creative director of Mustoes and CDP.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency