Mustoes and Geronimo set to merge
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 September 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Mustoes is poised to merge with Geronimo Communications, the PR and direct marketing agency owned by the Tribal Group.
Talks have been underway since the start of the summer and a deal is expected to be completed this month.
The details, including equity stakes and senior management changes, have yet to emerge.
Mustoes is currently run by Nick Mustoe, the managing director and founder.
It is thought that the deal is designed to reinforce Mustoes' client base and offer its clients wider access to PR and direct marketing services.
Geronimo will be able to offer above-the-line advertising as well as digital advertising through Cosmic ID, Mustoes' in-house digital arm.
The merger will also allow Geronimo to move further into the corporate sector.
The move comes 18 months after Mustoes bought back an 80 per cent stake in the agency from Japanese advertising giant Hakuhodo, reclaiming independence after selling in 2002.
The deal is similar to Freud's buyout of DFGW last year, which saw the agency absorbed into the PR giant to offer clients advertising and film services.
Mustoes' clients include Kia, Bombardier and Schott's Almanac, while Geronimo handles The Department for Schools, Children and Families, and BBC Magazines.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%