Mustoes and Geronimo set to merge
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 September 2008 05:55AM
LONDON - Mustoes is poised to merge with Geronimo Communications, the PR and direct marketing agency owned by the Tribal Group.
Talks have been underway since the start of the summer and a deal is expected to be completed this month.
The details, including equity stakes and senior management changes, have yet to emerge.
Mustoes is currently run by Nick Mustoe, the managing director and founder.
It is thought that the deal is designed to reinforce Mustoes' client base and offer its clients wider access to PR and direct marketing services.
Geronimo will be able to offer above-the-line advertising as well as digital advertising through Cosmic ID, Mustoes' in-house digital arm.
The merger will also allow Geronimo to move further into the corporate sector.
The move comes 18 months after Mustoes bought back an 80 per cent stake in the agency from Japanese advertising giant Hakuhodo, reclaiming independence after selling in 2002.
The deal is similar to Freud's buyout of DFGW last year, which saw the agency absorbed into the PR giant to offer clients advertising and film services.
Mustoes' clients include Kia, Bombardier and Schott's Almanac, while Geronimo handles The Department for Schools, Children and Families, and BBC Magazines.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014