The Week: City news - Informa buyer backs down
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 September 2008 12:00AM
Providence Equity Partners, the private equity consortium that has been looking to buy Informa, the business-to-business publisher, has withdrawn its offer after it was rejected earlier this month.
The group, which includes the Carlyle Group and the Blackstone Group, initially bid £1.9 billion for the company, which publishes titles such as International Freight Weekly, Banking Technology and Mobile Communications International. Providence Equity Partners has reserved the right to take part in another approach within six months.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires