The Week: City news - Informa buyer backs down
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 September 2008 12:00AM
Providence Equity Partners, the private equity consortium that has been looking to buy Informa, the business-to-business publisher, has withdrawn its offer after it was rejected earlier this month.
The group, which includes the Carlyle Group and the Blackstone Group, initially bid £1.9 billion for the company, which publishes titles such as International Freight Weekly, Banking Technology and Mobile Communications International. Providence Equity Partners has reserved the right to take part in another approach within six months.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London