The Week: Karmarama wins £10m Lastminute.com and Travelocity
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 October 2008 12:00AM
Karmarama has scooped the £10 million-plus advertising account for Lastminute.com, Travelocity and Holiday Autos, after a three-way pitch.
The agency beat WCRS and Brooklyn Brothers to the account, in a pitch handled by OysterCatchers. Farm, the incumbent on Lastminute.com, was not involved in the process.
In the past, Travelocity has used Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to produce its advertising, but has not run any significant campaigns since 2005.
Karmarama will work across all three brands and has been briefed to produce work that will break early next year. Lastminute.com said it plans to spend £10 million on advertising in the UK this year, but it is expected that the combined account will be larger, as Sabre Holdings, the travel company's parent, looks to boost spend on the other travel brands.
Julie Davidson, the Lastminute.com UK marketing director, said: "Karmarama delivered a strong strategic vision and displayed creative thinking."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London