The World: Sydney - Cricket Australia criticised for KFC deal
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 2008 12:00AM
Cricket Australia has come under fire over its sponsorship deal with KFC.
Obesity experts have claimed that the cricket governing body needs to "consider its responsibilities", and that the deal promotes "unhealthy, high-fat, high-calorie KFC products".
Ads showing Australian cricketers at KFC deciding what product to eat featured heavily during a recent test series with India.
Cricket Australia responded that sponsorship from companies such as KFC is needed to help the body provide its community projects, which are designed to encourage children to take up the sport.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London