Cheethambell JWT scoops £5m bmibaby
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 October 2008 03:05PM
LONDON - Bmibaby has appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle its £5 million advertising account.
The agency picked up the business after a pitch against TBWA\Manchester, Isobel and Farm.
Euro RSCG was the incumbent on the account but did not repitch for the business.
The pitch process was handled by Creativebrief and led by the company's commercial director, Julian Carr.
He said: "Bmibaby is already a great brand, but we need to differentiate ourselves even more in a cluttered environment. CBJWT has come up with a great solution that not only builds on what we already have, but doesn't require any alterations to our existing business model."
In August this year, bmi appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its advertising business and MPG to handle its media planning and buying.
Bmibaby, the low-cost arm of bmi, was launched in 2002 and since then has carried more than 19 million passengers from four UK airports to 30 destinations throughout Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014