Cheethambell JWT scoops £5m bmibaby
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 October 2008 03:05PM
LONDON - Bmibaby has appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle its £5 million advertising account.
The agency picked up the business after a pitch against TBWA\Manchester, Isobel and Farm.
Euro RSCG was the incumbent on the account but did not repitch for the business.
The pitch process was handled by Creativebrief and led by the company's commercial director, Julian Carr.
He said: "Bmibaby is already a great brand, but we need to differentiate ourselves even more in a cluttered environment. CBJWT has come up with a great solution that not only builds on what we already have, but doesn't require any alterations to our existing business model."
In August this year, bmi appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its advertising business and MPG to handle its media planning and buying.
Bmibaby, the low-cost arm of bmi, was launched in 2002 and since then has carried more than 19 million passengers from four UK airports to 30 destinations throughout Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers