Cheethambell JWT scoops £5m bmibaby
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 October 2008 03:05PM
LONDON - Bmibaby has appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle its £5 million advertising account.
The agency picked up the business after a pitch against TBWA\Manchester, Isobel and Farm.
Euro RSCG was the incumbent on the account but did not repitch for the business.
The pitch process was handled by Creativebrief and led by the company's commercial director, Julian Carr.
He said: "Bmibaby is already a great brand, but we need to differentiate ourselves even more in a cluttered environment. CBJWT has come up with a great solution that not only builds on what we already have, but doesn't require any alterations to our existing business model."
In August this year, bmi appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its advertising business and MPG to handle its media planning and buying.
Bmibaby, the low-cost arm of bmi, was launched in 2002 and since then has carried more than 19 million passengers from four UK airports to 30 destinations throughout Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%