The World: Singapore - WPP defeats De Kretser in court of appeal
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
The Singapore High Court has dismissed the PR guru Michael De Kretser's appeal against MDK Consultants, the WPP-owned shell company.
De Kretser lodged an appeal after MDK won a suit against him and the former chief executive Michael Rose for poaching its staff and clients for DPR Consultants, a new PR company that the pair were planning to set up in February 2006.
De Kretser, who founded MDK in 1983, maintained during the appeal that WPP was unhappy with him for refusing to sell the remaining stake that he holds in the company, and that he therefore should not be charged.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London