The World: Singapore - WPP defeats De Kretser in court of appeal
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
The Singapore High Court has dismissed the PR guru Michael De Kretser's appeal against MDK Consultants, the WPP-owned shell company.
De Kretser lodged an appeal after MDK won a suit against him and the former chief executive Michael Rose for poaching its staff and clients for DPR Consultants, a new PR company that the pair were planning to set up in February 2006.
De Kretser, who founded MDK in 1983, maintained during the appeal that WPP was unhappy with him for refusing to sell the remaining stake that he holds in the company, and that he therefore should not be charged.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Midweight Team become £25-38K, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Beauty Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires