The World: Singapore - WPP defeats De Kretser in court of appeal
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
The Singapore High Court has dismissed the PR guru Michael De Kretser's appeal against MDK Consultants, the WPP-owned shell company.
De Kretser lodged an appeal after MDK won a suit against him and the former chief executive Michael Rose for poaching its staff and clients for DPR Consultants, a new PR company that the pair were planning to set up in February 2006.
De Kretser, who founded MDK in 1983, maintained during the appeal that WPP was unhappy with him for refusing to sell the remaining stake that he holds in the company, and that he therefore should not be charged.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency