Zitter made MD at Mail Newspapers
By Larissa Vince, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 02:30PM
LONDON - Guy Zitter, the managing director of the Daily Mail, has been handed the new role of managing director of Mail Newspapers, overseeing the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday.
Zitter will now add responsibility for The Mail on Sunday, previously run by the former managing director Stephen Miron, to his existing role. As well as the Daily Mail, he currently oversees Associated Newspapers' digital operations, the Daily Mail in Ireland and Mail Today in India.
Associated Newspapers now plans to recruit a managing director for the Daily Mail, who will report to Zitter. It is understood that there may be some structural changes to operations at The Mail on Sunday over time.
The company has been looking for a replacement for Miron since he left in August to become the chief executive of radio at Global, overseeing the group's radio operations.
Last month, DMGT merged Associated Newspapers, its national newspaper division, with its regional arm Northcliffe, to form a new unit, A&N Media, and appointed the Associated group managing director, Kevin Beatty, to run it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Market Researcher Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East
- Communications Executive Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency