Zitter made MD at Mail Newspapers
By Larissa Vince, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 02:30PM
LONDON - Guy Zitter, the managing director of the Daily Mail, has been handed the new role of managing director of Mail Newspapers, overseeing the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday.
Zitter will now add responsibility for The Mail on Sunday, previously run by the former managing director Stephen Miron, to his existing role. As well as the Daily Mail, he currently oversees Associated Newspapers' digital operations, the Daily Mail in Ireland and Mail Today in India.
Associated Newspapers now plans to recruit a managing director for the Daily Mail, who will report to Zitter. It is understood that there may be some structural changes to operations at The Mail on Sunday over time.
The company has been looking for a replacement for Miron since he left in August to become the chief executive of radio at Global, overseeing the group's radio operations.
Last month, DMGT merged Associated Newspapers, its national newspaper division, with its regional arm Northcliffe, to form a new unit, A&N Media, and appointed the Associated group managing director, Kevin Beatty, to run it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Online Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Consumer Insight Manager - Wine & Spirits Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 per annum + Benefits , Surrey
- Studio Manager £30-32k Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £32000 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Pitch Consultants £34000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire