Diary: They're really feeling the pinch on Downing Street
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
Oh, how they love a laugh in Downing Street. No matter that the banking system is in meltdown and the economy is going down the toilet, there's clearly a prankster afoot at chez Brown.
However, Diary feels the joke has gone too far. So whoever nicked Stephen Carter's luxury executive chair, will they please give it back?
Carter, the one-time JWT boss turned prime ministerial strategist, is understood to have brought the chair with him from the PR company Brunswick when he arrived at No 10 earlier this year.
And he had intended taking it with him to the Lords, where the newly ennobled Carter becomes minister for communications.
Now, he's been forced to circulate an e-mail asking if anybody has seen his prized possession.
Reports suggest that the chair in question cost an eye-watering £2,500. But Diary refuses to believe one wag, who claims it's covered in sacrificial lamb leather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London
- Classified Sales Executive Lipton Fleming £20000.00 per annum + commission, London
- Agency Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Senior Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 30% bonus, London
- Account Executive Lipton Fleming £22000 - £28000 per annum + Commission , London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper