Diary: They're really feeling the pinch on Downing Street
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2008 12:00AM
Oh, how they love a laugh in Downing Street. No matter that the banking system is in meltdown and the economy is going down the toilet, there's clearly a prankster afoot at chez Brown.
However, Diary feels the joke has gone too far. So whoever nicked Stephen Carter's luxury executive chair, will they please give it back?
Carter, the one-time JWT boss turned prime ministerial strategist, is understood to have brought the chair with him from the PR company Brunswick when he arrived at No 10 earlier this year.
And he had intended taking it with him to the Lords, where the newly ennobled Carter becomes minister for communications.
Now, he's been forced to circulate an e-mail asking if anybody has seen his prized possession.
Reports suggest that the chair in question cost an eye-watering £2,500. But Diary refuses to believe one wag, who claims it's covered in sacrificial lamb leather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Just Digital £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Household / NPD Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, Southall
- Senior Account Director Just Digital £55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film