Barack Obama update for Wassup? ad
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 October 2008 03:15PM
LONDON - The director behind Budweiser's memorable Wassup? Campaign has created an updated version in support of US presidential candidate Barack Obama.
Charles Stone III has reunited the original cast from the 2000 ad, whose lives have now taken a distinct turn for the worse.
Eight years on, the characters are now serving in Iraq, unemployed or struggling with the costs of prescription drugs.
The original "wassup" catchphrase has taken a darker turn, transformed into screams as the characters see share prices plunge and get buffeted by bad weather.
The ad opens with Stone sitting on the sofa looking miserable as he watches a John McCain political ad.
But it ends in optimistic fashion, with the final "wassup?" greeted with a picture of Obama and the reply "change".
Budweiser's parent company, Anheuser Busch, which originally leased the concept from Stone for five years, was not involved in the production of the ad.
View the original ad below:
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account