The World: Washington - Election attracts record viewers on TV and web
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 2008 12:00AM
Television coverage of the 2008 US presidential election attracted more than 71 million viewers, according to Nielsen data.
The figure, which set a presidential election record, was a significant increase on the 59.2 million viewers that tuned in to watch the coverage of the 2004 election night.
Additionally, the web analyst Visible Measures has said that Barack Obama's victory speech was viewed more than seven million times on the web in the first 48 hours after its release.
John McCain's concession speech also accumulated more than one million web views in the same period following the result.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London