The Week: People News - Sorrell given City honour
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2008 12:00AM
Sir Martin Sorrell has been awarded the Freedom of the City of London.
Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, Alderman Ian Luder and Alderman Alison Gowman nominated the WPP chief for the award, which he will receive at a Guildhall ceremony. The honour allows Sorrell certain privileges, such as the right to marry at St Paul's Cathedral, walk around the City with a drawn sword and herd sheep over London Bridge. It also gives him the right to avoid being press-ganged.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account