campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2008 12:00AM
Just six months after announcing it was holding a statutory review of its ad account, the Metropolitan Police has finally started approaching agencies.
Given average police response times, six months probably represents speedy action. Good news for the agencies, though, is that the process is now picking up pace, with pitches happening before Christmas.
Stella Artois seems to be reaching closing time on its pitch, with Mother and Publicis set to be told the result this week after what were supposedly the final two meetings about the work's performance in research. The final challenge at last orders? To get the sign-off from the global marketing team.
The trendy eyeware brand Oakley is thought to have cut the shortlist for its advertising brief down from four agencies to two.
Agencies are due to discover the result of the Carphone Warehouse DM pitch by the end of this week. Word is that the retailer could split the business between a couple of the shortlisted agencies, which are Kitcatt Nohr, WDMP, Meteorite, Table 19 and Lida.
And finally ... Alfa Romeo has a shortlist for its digital business, which is expected to pitch in two weeks. Agencies lining up against the incumbent, FullSix, include R/GA, MRM, AKQA and Work Club.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, Leamington Spa
- Media Planner Adam Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits Package, Liverpool
- Business Development Manager - brand experience agency Gabriele Skelton £45000 per annum, London
- New Business Developer Periscope Recruitment LLP £60000.00 per annum, London