RKCR/Y&R lands ad business for Odeon
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 December 2008 06:50AM
LONDON - Odeon, the largest cinema chain in the UK, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its UK advertising account.
RKCR/Y&R beat Mother and one undisclosed agency to land the brief. TBWA\Manchester, the incumbent, did not repitch.
RKCR/Y&R will create a campaign that aims to show the differences between Odeon and its competitors Cineworld, Showcase Cinemas and Vue. The work will run across TV, digital, press and posters.
This will be the first time Odeon has created an integrated campaign to promote its brand. In the past, it has focused on securing promotional tie-ups with external brands, including MasterCard.
Odeon has previously worked with Pavilion Communication on its online campaigns.
The agency created "which way is it going to go?", in May 2007, which aimed to drive traffic to the cinema's website for Spider-Man 3.
Pavilion will continue to handle digital projects for Odeon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London